Replays are one of the many features of Happy Wheels. Replays are noticeable by the time bar at the top of the screen, slow motion and fast motion mode and the controls the player used. To access replays, click on the level you wish to see a replay of, and then click on the button "view replays & records". From there, you can see the fastest times, character used, newest, oldest, most painful, most humorous, and even the most skillful. Most often, the fastest replays are someone using Wheelchair Guy to rocket through the level, skipping all of the objectives.Many level editors realize this and, when creating levels that are made to complete as fast as possible, Wheelchair Guy is not commonly used due to his boost feature. Irresponsible Dad one-wheeling his way to the end or a boosting Moped Couple are common forced characters for such levels. Replays with the '--.--' sign means that the user has not completed the level, instead they paused and saved the replay before finishing the level. You can save your replay by clicking the "save replay" button after playing the level if you are logged in. Replays can be accurate or inaccurate, depending on what type of machine you are playing it on. If the replay was saved on, for example, a Windows machine, it may not be accurate on a Macintosh machine. Only machines that have the same processors will have accurate replays. Accurate replays generally have an icon of a green hand resembling a thumbs up while inaccurate replays have a red, thumbing down hand.
- Sometimes (only happens with good, and fast computers) when viewing a replay, pressing fast forward will make it go really fast, but if you restart, the level will go as fast as the replay you viewed in fast motion.
- Sometimes, it lists no accurate replays when accurate only is checked, but it will list accurate (and in-accurate) when accurate only is unchecked.
- An error may occur when you view a replay: ioErrorHandler: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase2 text= "Error #2032"]. This error will require you to refresh the page, as you can't get out of it.
- Sometimes, when viewing a replay, instead of showing the regular controls that were inputted correctly, the controls will go berserk and the replay will end too soon (or too late if the replay's less than a split second). This is common when viewing a replay that ends instantly (replay that's less than a split second long) and when replays have taken way too long to load.
- Sometimes, when viewing a replay in slow motion, different things might happen. e.g., Wheelchair Guy might say "Oh my leg" instead of "Save me".
- Due to a recent bug, the ratings will reset after rating the replay. However, the number of votes do not change.
- Lawnmower Man, Explorer Guy, and rarely Irresponsible Dad don't always have accurate replays, even though it shows that they are accurate.
- Replays that are being saved must not exceed 200 seconds.
- If you switch to a secondary character's point of view (done by pressing "c" by default) while playing a level, and save a replay, the replay will still only show the primary character's point of view.
- Sometimes, replays will be faster than normal even without even hitting the fast button, common on older computers.
- Maverfax implemented the system to add comments for replays.
- Most replays labeled 'inaccurate' are actually replays from different systems using the game (Mac, Linux, and Windows can all use the game).
- When viewing a replay in slow motion, the fps drops allowing it to play by frame.
- There are 4 different average speeds/frame rates that a replay can be viewed on. 5fps, 15fps, 30fps, and 60fps.
- You can only rate a replay that's accurate.
- When viewing a replay in slow motion (5fps or 15fps), voices and sounds will not slow down. This also applies when viewing a replay in 60fps as no sound will speed up.
- When Helicopter Man was released, the default playable character setting for sorting replays is set to "Helicopter Man" rather than "any". Any replay that does not have Helicopter Man as the character used in the replay will not be filtered.