Happy Wheels is an integrate game and contains many references to movies, brands, and real world history.
Effective Shopper's groceries have several brand references:
- Cock Cola - References Coca-Cola.
- Campballs Tomato Slop - References Campbell's Tomato Soup.
- Biscuits - References Triscuits.
- Moped Couple are based on two characters from the end of the French film Amelie.
- Lawnmower Man rides a lawnmower that bears resemblance to a John Deere.
- According to the creator of Explorer Guy, Jason Schymick, Explorer Guy was based on Indiana Jones during a scene in Temple of Doom.
- Santa Claus directly references Christmas' Santa Claus, utilizing the appearance first popularized by Coca-Cola's soda campaigns in the 1930s.
- An unreleased character, unofficially named Akira Bike, utilizes a vehicle based off a motorcycle from the Japanese anime film Akira.
- Many popular levels are based off various games, people, movies, and other items in popular culture. These are countless and the most common references are different as time moves on.
- The red text on the yellow bottle reads "Miller", referring to the Miller beer brand in America.