The 'p'addle platform is a special item. It consists of a fixed gray platform with a digital number display and an arrow that will glow green when activated. When prompted, such as having a player drive onto it, the rounded unfixed retangle will tilt, throwing the player at a desired angle, these angles vary from 15-90. This movement item can be reversed if needed. The speed can also be adjusted to give an extra push that one may need. If something were to get between the revolving platform, it will indeed jam. With enough force, it can also be broken, which makes sounds like breaking the lawnmower, making sparks at the axis and changing the color of the digital number display to red. This object is very similar to the spring platform. Since the items recent release, (As of 1.62) it has been used in several levels that are 'tests' for the new items, and there hasn't yet been enough time for it to be used creatively.
- The arrow turns green upon activation, similarly to the spring platform.
- There can be a delay upon activation varying from 0-2 seconds, like the spring platform.
- The angle for the twisting platform can go from 15 to 90 degrees.
- The speed can be changed from 1-10. 1 is the slowest, 10 is the fastest.
- So far this seems to be the only movement item that can break, besides the jet which can explode. When broken, the arrow turns black and the delay time turns red.
- The paddle platform can be broken when lots of NPC's become jammed in it or it is crushed by a Wrecking Ball.
- Other than the Wrecking Ball, this is the only special item that can push you forward.
- Making the max angle 'NaN' will cause the platform to get stuck on a 90 degree angle when activated, and making the max speed 'NaN' will cause the platform to activate at an extremely high speed (often breaking the platform). These glitches will not cause the melting glitch, or the black hole glitch like the spring platform.
- When using groups to hide Paddle Platforms behind the group, only the platform will be visible. However the socket is not visible.