Level editor item
Special item category
Available in Happy Wheels since version
The harpoon gun is a hazard in Happy Wheels. It was introduced in v1.30.
The harpoon gun is a grey, metallic - possible concrete - base, with a harpoon-firing device perched on top of it. It activates when a character is within its presence and will fire a harpoon when the character is close enough. It is one of the only two "guns" in the game, the other being the arrow gun.
Only one harpoon is fired and will kill a character if it strikes them in the head, rectum or chest (rarely), without even taking off the head. The harpoon actually does not kill by striking those body parts; the velocity of the harpoon overpowers the collision physics, and also helped by the ability to stab, so it passes through the body of the target to the head. Sometimes, the harpoon might even blow the character's body to pieces or might even rip their head clean off, and if the player ejects from the their vehicle and the harpoon becomes lodged in the ground it can kill the player also (In some Instances).
The harpoon gun only has one toggle, where a user can decide if they want it to remain attached to its base with an anchor when fired or if they want it to fire freely without an anchor (free of the base).Users have actually managed to create their own levels featuring a giant harpoon.
- Harpoons pass through some parts of a vehicle, making almost every single spot of the player vulnerable.
- If you put in rotation "-", it will become "NaN" which will make the harpoon become a black hole.
- The top part of the harpoon doesn't collide with the glass panel.
- The anchor of an anchored harpoon gun can be grabbed.
- In the level editor, the anchor takes up 7 more shapes while an unanchored harpoon takes up 4 shapes, which means an anchored harpoon will take up 11 shapes.
- Once a harpoon without an anchor stabs a fixed object, it will be impossible to get it out. With an anchor, it will be slightly easier.
- The harpoon is sometimes used in harpoon catch levels where a harpoon shoots at you and you try to grab it and kill someone at the end or land it in the "win zone".
- The harpoon gun uses a "predicting aim" system where the harpoon can almost always precisely hit the character when he/she is moving at any speed and any direction.