Divine Intervention (Pt. 1) is the first flash game Jim Bonacci made. It was released on October 23rd, 2003 on many websites including Newgrounds, Kongregate, and TJF. The game was a major hit in the flash gaming world and inspired many people to make their own games. Divine Intervention is the only game other than Happy Wheels on Total Jerkface that Jim Bonacci has made so far.
GameplayYou're a priest in a small city that is being haunted by demons. You have been chosen by the Lord to get rid of them. The storyline evolves as you progress through game and ends when you must fight a giant pink boss (nicknamed pink fag) demon. After you kill the boss by shooting him in the head 5 times with the shotgun, you travel down to the subway where you find a little demon girl eating a dead body. The game then ends with, "To Be
Continued?" meaning that it is unknown if Jim will create a part two since he is so busy with Happy Wheels.
- One misconception is that some users believe that the Pink Demon (shown above), is the same character as the Total Jerkface Monster, which it is not.
- It is very difficult to beat the start of the game, because the fast little boy demon (possibly Irresponsible Dad's son) will run at you very quickly and then jump on you and rip your head off if you do not shoot him in time and it's hard to shoot him. Some people may quit the game almost immediately if the child kills the player. You can kill the boy insantly by pressing 3 for a silent MP5 (if done with cheating by going into options) and keep shooting at the ground until the boy runs through the bullets.
- Excluding the evil priest and the pink demon, the man has two attacks in which when his right arm is amputated, it will headbutt the player, and leaps on it, stomping the priest/player's head, and the common in which rips the priest's left arm and throw it at its chest/heart.
- The priest's mouth seem to change whenever he is about to be killed (excluding instant death attacks).
- The old man makes an appearance in Happy Wheels who is known as Wheelchair Guy.
- The music stops when you reach the end of the game (or if the music is the regular music when you are shooting those smaller demons, the music will stop when you reach the demon boss.)
- At the end of the game, clicking on Joe Bonacci or Mike Magill will play a sound.
- When you shoot the old man's head until it explodes, he will somehow talk even though he just lost his head.
- Jim changes the Happy Wheels banner, but never the Divine Intervention banner.
- The priest can be cloned after it has been killed, this occurs commonly when encountering the evil priest along with the other queues of demons (specifically in which you are killed by a demon while the evil priest is about to perform its laser attack)
- Two glitches occur when you are currently playing, right clicking and clicking on "Rewind" will bring you back to the "PLAY" (LOADING) screen. The music that was being played on the previous level will still be playing. Now here's the 2nd glitch. When you click on "PLAY" on the title screen after performing the 1st glitch, the music will play with the other music used for that part of the game. (For an example, I performed the glitch at the demon boss, the music will still be playing. When I start playing the game again, the music at the start of the game will play as well as the demon boss. When you "right click" then click on "play", it will bring you to the next checkpoint. You may need to do the first one twice.
- The priest can stay in the air after he has died. Jump when an evil priest is about to do his laser attack that you must duck and you will stay in the air while dying. With the pink demon, right before he does his lightning attack, jump and you'll stay in the air after you've died.